Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Thoughts and Music

I have been listening to the new MGMT album a few times over the last couple of weeks. Not sure what to think just yet. In Congratulations, MGMT have veered wildly away from the bar-ready pop numbers that highlighted their debut and instead have produced an interospective art-rock album, more suitable for listening to on quiet spring afternoons. I still hear a lot of people tell me that they like MGMT. Do they really, or do they just like 'Kids' and 'Electric Feel' from that one time they heard them when they were out at the bar?

In totally unrelated news, I am really digging 'Harmonix' by Surfer Blood. So much so that I can't get past it and give the rest of the album a proper listen. It kind of reminds me of Arcade Fire`s 'Neighborhood #2 (Laika)' which reminds me that Arcade Fire are releasing a new album soon, which makes me happy.

MGMT - Congratulations Edit: Link Removed
Surfer Blood - Harmonix  Edit: Link Removed
Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #2 (Laika)  Edit: Link Removed

No comments:

Post a Comment