Saturday, April 10, 2010

What's with Ben Gibbard?

Is Ben Gibbard on drugs? I just watched a concert of Death Cab for Cutie on TV and it reminded me of Pemberton Festival two years ago, when Death Cab came on to the stage and my brother and I looked at each other and wondered who the skinny-looking guy on the left was. Turns out it was newer skinnier version of Ben Gibbard. What's more is during the conert I watched today, Ben was definately tapping his foot double time to the beat during their encore of "Transatlanticism", like he was hearing a beat that wasn't there. "Is he on speed?" we asked each other. We used to joke that we wanted to be close enough to the stage to poke Ben in his chubby belly and how he looks just like Colin Meloy. Now we joke that he looks like he's on drugs and looks like younger, nerdier version of Neil Young.

No comments:

Post a Comment